6TH ANNUAL YORKVILLE EXOTIC CAR SHOW
Father's Day, June 19th, 2016 from 12 noon to 5 pm
Bloor Street - Avenue Road to Bay Street
WALK THE RED CARPET AND SEE OVER 100 EXAMPLES OF CLASSIC & EXOTIC CARS, INCLUDING PORSCHE, FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, SUPER CARS AND MORE.
The Bloor-Yorkville area, Toronto’s destination neighbourhood for high-end boutiques, restaurants and hotels welcomes everyone to the 6th Annual Yorkville Exotic Car Show on Father’s Day, June 19, 2016 from 12 noon to 5 pm.
This spectacular red-carpet event will take place on the “Mink Mile” section of Bloor Street, one of the most luxurious shopping streets in North America. Bloor Street will be closed to traffic between Avenue Road and Bay Street so visitors can walk the red carpet and enjoy close up views of the cars we all dream about. A total of 11 Car Corrals will be on display showcasing the evolution of some of the world’s greatest sports cars and classics. Highlights of the exotic cars that will be featured include the newest Ferrari, the LaFerrari, valued at over $2 Million; and the new 2017 Acura NSX.
Admission is free so bring the whole family and join us in supporting Prostate Cancer Canada on Father’s Day and see over 100 examples of classic and exotic cars including, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and more. This is a highly anticipated annual event in the Bloor-Yorkville community!
We are proud to support Prostate Cancer Canada, who will benefit from proceeds raised through corporate sponsorships, display-car and Car Corral sponsorships, and your generous on-site donations.
This family event is free and open to the public!
Full Event info: www.YorkvilleExotics.com
Follow @BloorYorkville on Twitter and Instagram and connect with us using the hashtag #YECS2016!
Rick Kaczmarek, Director of Marketing
SUMMER MUSIC IN THE PARK
Fridays 11:30 am – 2:30 pm and Saturdays and Statutory Holidays between 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm, from June 3 – September 9 (weather permitting).
Village of Yorkville Park
BLOOR-YORVILLE BIA is proud to present:
SUMMER MUSIC IN THE PARK
As a Designated Tourist District, Bloor-Yorkville is excited to host residents and visitors for another season of the Summer Music In The Park music series taking place throughout the summer in the Village of Yorkville Park, located at Bellair St. and Cumberland St. Stroll through the neighbourhood, have a seat and tap your feet to the smooth summer sounds ranging from piano virtuoso Attila Fias and his trio, Celtic/American with David Leask, jazz with Raz Hilland Trio, Latin with Farrucas Duo, to an exciting combination of blues, dance, funk, jazz, pop & rock with Turbo Street Funk.
The Summer Music in the Park concert series takes place Fridays 11:30 am – 2:30 pm and Saturdays and Statutory Holidays between 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm, from June 3 – September 10 (weather permitting).
FRIDAYS : 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM PERFORMANCES
June 3rd – GLADSTONE AVENUE DUO
June 10th – CHRISTOPHER PLATT TRIO
June 17th – TURBO STREET FUNK
June 24th – DAVID LEASK
July 8th – KENNY V DUO
July 15th – ATTILA FIAS DUO
July 22nd – RAZ HILLAND TRIO
July 29th – RUBEN VASQUEZ TRIO
August 5th – JOHNSON CHUNG TRIO
August 12th – FARRUCAS DUO
August 19th - LOS LOCOS TRIO
August 26th – GLADSTONE AVENUE DUO
September 2nd- CHRIS ROBINSON TRIO
September 9th - CAT BERNARDI
SATURDAYS & STATUTORY HOLIDAYS: 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM PERFORMANCES
June 4th – ATTILA FIAS TRIO
June 11th – RUBEN VASQUEZ TRIO
June 18th – SEAN DOWHANIUK TRIO
June 25th – JOHNSON CHUNG TRIO
July 1st – CASCABEL DUO
July 2nd – LOS LOCOS TRIO
July 9th – CHRISTOPHER PLATT TRIO
July 16th – DAVID LEASK
July 23rd - CASCABEL DUO
July 30th – KENNY V DUO
August 1st – MICHAEL LALONDE TRIO
August 6TH – RAZ HILLAND TRIO
August 13th – BRENDAN CASSIDY TRIO
August 20TH – DAVID LEASK
August 27th – TURBO STREET FUNK
September 3RD – LIANE FAINSINGER TRIO
September 5th –FARRUCAS DUO
September 10TH - AKIM TRIO
Rick Kaczmarek, Director of Marketing, Bloor-Yorkville BIA
416-928-3553 ext. 24
BENEAT THE SURFACE: LIFE, DEATH, GOLD AND CERAMICS IN ANCIENT PANAMA
Until May 29/2016
Gardiner Museum - 111 Queen`s Park
Experience one of the richest discoveries in the history of American archaeology! Gold plaques and pendants with animal-human motifs, precious stones, and literally tons of detail-rich painted ceramics.
ROM FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE
Friday nights from 7 pm to midnight
The Royal Ontario Museum 100 Queen`s Park
The city`s most unique social destination returns for another season of eclectic eats, drinks, DJs, dancing, live music and unexpected experiences. We switch it up so every week is a different theme and brings new surprises! Mark these #FNLROM dates in your social calendar and book your tickets today.
THE ROYAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC`S 2015-16 CONCERT SEASON
June 2015 - May 2016
The Royal Conservatory of Music - Koerner Hall
- Meryl Streep and Takács Quartet perform at a sold out season gala concert
- World-renowned baritone Bryn Terfel makes his Koerner Hall debut
Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club starts their farewell tour in Koerner Hall as part of TD Jazz: Katrina 10 Years On concert series
- Quiet Please, There’s A Lady On Stage concert series features seven extraordinary female singers whose voices demand attention. Concert Series includes Lisa Fischer (who has toured with The Rolling Stones, Sting, Chris Botti, the late Luther Vandross, Tina Turner, and Nine Inch Nails); René Marie’s tribute to the musical spirit of the divine Eartha Kitt, titled I Wanna Be Evil (With Love to Eartha Kitt), featuring the great New Orleans trombonist Wycliffe Gordon; soul jazz vocalist Lizz Wright sharing and evening with Canadian singer Patricia O`Callaghan; and the return of cabaret star Meow Meow, who sold out her Koerner Hall debut in 2013. The Royal Conservatory, announced on November 3rd the Koerner Hall debut of legendary American folk singer, songwriter, musician, and activist, Joan Baez, on Saturday, February 27, 2016.
- Johnny Clegg and Anoushka Shankar return after two previous Koerner Hall sellouts
- Canadian musicians include Jan Lisiecki, James Ehnes, David Buchbinder, Jane Bunnett, Joe Sealy, Robi Botos, Maple Blues Band, Brett Polegato, and Erin Wall, as well as Order of Canada recipients Tommy Banks, Guido Basso, Terry Clark, Phil Dwyer, Oliver Jones, Ian McDougal, Phil Nimmons, Don Thompson, Dave Young, and Jens Lindemann
- Cameron Carpenter brings his new travelling organ
Legendary east L.A. group Los Lobos perform two concerts in one day
- Senegalese superstar Youssou N’Dour and Le Super Étoile de Dakar
make their Koerner Hall debut
- Birthday Concerts: Frank Sinatra @ 100, Yehudi Menuhin @ 100, Edith Piaf @ 100, and Oscar Peterson @ 90
- Exquisite ensembles include the Vienna Boys’ Choir, Bach Collegium Japan,
The Knights, The Tallis Scholars, and The Orlando Consort
- Igudesman & Joo bring hilarity with their show about Mozart
21C Music Festival returns for third installment in May 2016
ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM DAWN OF LIFE PREVIEW
until opening of Dawn of Life exhibit in 2017
Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen`s Park
In anticipation of the new Dawn of Life gallery, which will be home to the ROM’s world renowned collection of Burgess Shale specimens, the Museum will have a special display of spectacular pieces that will introduce how the new gallery will present, interpret, and explain fossil life.
These specimens will give a sneak peek into the remarkable history of life on Earth before the dinosaurs, and how the Earth has changed drastically over time. Some of the pieces identified have been in the ROM’s vaults for decades, or were acquired specifically for the new Dawn of Life gallery, and will be a unique experience for visitors.